11.12.2012

Days 8, 9, and 10

This is going to be a quick post. I was going to include a bunch of pictures and stories, but I'm getting a bit behind due to a pretty amazing birthday weekend so I'll keep it simple.

On Day 8 of Thanksgiving I'm thankful for our sweet kitty, Nina.

Nina was adopted in a Wal-Mart parking lot on May 11, 2009. I feel bad of jipping her of a long, heart-felt post, but considering she will never know of this post's existence (or any post for that matter), I think her feelings will be spared. I love you, Nina!

On Day 9 of Thanksgiving I'm thankful for our house! We are so happy to have a place of our own. I took pictures to share of the inside the other day just for this post, but it will have to wait. No worries though, I will post pictures soon. Oh, and P.S., the nursery is almost complete so I'll have a nursery reveal post in the near future. YAY!

On Day 10 of Thanksgiving (which also happens to be my birthday) I'm thankful for thrift stores. Considering we are on a tight budget, we didn't really have the money to do anything extravagant for my birthday so we went thrift store shopping. Lucky for me I LOVE thrift stores, so I probably would have chosen to do that even if we did have a bunch of money to blow.

I scored some awesome finds including, but not limited to:

  • Some pretty sweet Santa Claus earings
  • A baby Gap raincoat for D (I've been searching high and low so when I found one for $3 I was pretty pumped!)
  • Some awesome jeans
  • A Mary Poppins figurine for D's room
  • Bookoos of tops (one of my favorites being a Silk, Cotton, Cashmere sweater from Banana Republic in "like new" condition that would have cost $50+ in stores, but lucky me only paid $35 including the B.R. top, 7 other tops, and a pair of pants at Goodwill)
  • This list could go on. We found so many treasures!!


I would say in all, after 3 thrift shops, we only spent around $50.00. Not bad at all!

I really, really, REALLY love a good deal.

Thrift stores aren't for everyone. A lot of people think they are gross or they just don't have the patience to sit and flip through every piece of clothing just to find one or two things they like, but I say to those people, "More for me, suckers!!!" (But probably in a nicer way cause I'm not very controversial.)

No comments:

Post a Comment