5.16.2011

Changes!

Ahhhh so much to catch up on!

First of all, I graduated with my bachelor’s degree May 7. It is such a good feeling to finally be finished with school. I feel so accomplished. :) We had an awesome shindig, and lots of family and friends came to celebrate! I don't have any pictures to share because the day of my graduation I grabbed my camera and was out the door before I even noticed the battery was dead. :( So, with that being said, I have no personal pictures of my graduation or graduation celebration, but my awesome mother-in-law and sister-in-law took some pictures that I can't wait to get my hands on.

Second, we finally moved today to Roswell, Georgia. It is a lot closer to Johnathan's job, and he doesn't have to travel two hours to work everyday. Our apartment is.....nice?? It has potential, just needs a little love and some scented candles. Roswell is closer to Johnathan's job...and closer to Atlanta. There is good and bad to that.

Good: great, great, great shopping, Starbucks on every corner (literally), quick access to the city
Bad: TRAFFIC!! crazy drivers, city people, unknown territory
The bad is mostly stuff I just need to get adjusted to.

Third, I found 21 open teaching positions in a neighboring county and applied for every single one of 'em. I e-mailed each principal my cover letter and resume and also sent a hard copy of both to all the schools. I am so hoping and praying that something works out, and I'll definitely keep everyone posted if something happens.

Fourth, and perhaps most exciting, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law adopted their second child from Russia, and after a long and painful wait, finally get to bring him home next week! We are so excited and can't wait to meet our new nephew! :) Congrats Nathan, Melissa, and Iliya. Melissa keeps a blog about the adoption process, and it is really interesting if you wanna read, here is the link.   

On to baby stuff!
We find out next Monday what the sex of the baby is, and I could not be more excited! People are constantly asking if we have names picked out, and of course we do. We have had names picked out pretty much before we got married. If it is a girl we are going to name her Daisy Kennamer, and if it is a boy we are going to name him Johnathan David (the II) and going with the Nathan part of Johnathan, call him Nate. 
Being pregnant is such an exciting process. I just can't wait to meet the kid. I don't care what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment