7.26.2011

Daisy Kennamer Cunningham

So I know it has been a while, but honestly, I have had nothing to blog about....except the fact that we are having a baby GIRL!!!!! We are pretty pumped and I am going to give a shout out to all those who guessed correctly. I'll just have to do it when I am not being so lazy, and it isn't so late at night.


So Daisy Kennamer it is. If you are wondering where we got the name (or if you're not) I'll tell you.
Daisy comes from one of my favorite books written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby. If you know the story then you know that Daisy is not really that great of a character, but it is such a classic, sweet, old fashioned name, and our Daisy will not be such a floozy. Plus, I love that nobody names their kid Daisy anymore!

Kennamer is a family last name. Johnathan's great grandmother was a Kennamer. We really liked the sound of it for a first or middle name. When we decided on the name Daisy, Johnathan mentioned Kennamer as the middle name, and it just flowed nicely. So Daisy Kennamer it was! I have been thinking lately about what she is going to look like. Will she have blonde hair or red hair? Will it be curly or straight? Will she have brown eyes or blue eyes?

All this wondering just makes me so excited to finally meet her! I have been daydreaming a lot lately about the first time I see her and how much more I am going to love that baby once she is in my arms! I get emotional watching the baby shows on TLC; I can't imagine how I am going to be when it is my very own child!

Lately I have been looking at different nurseries and have found some really cute ideas. We are currently living in a one bedroom apt. and probably will be for the first few months of Daisy's life, so she will have a nice little corner of our room for a while. When we do finally buy a house, which Lord-willing, will be our next move, I'll have some ideas ready and waiting. Can you tell I'm pretty pumped about this kid???
Anywho, thought I would share some of the ideas I found.
Love this old look. Definitely what we are going for in her nursery!

Love, love, love this crib! Goes with the old fashioned look! Plus, loving the little display above the crib.

Love the tree idea with the shelves as the branches. 
Johnathan and I have been working on some DIY crafts for the babies one-day room. He is in the process of making some super cute bookends that I will post pictures of when I'm not being a lazy slob.

Anywho, hope that brings everyone up to speed. Life is pretty awesome right now. God just keeps pouring on the blessings. I can not wait to meet this baby! :)

2 comments:

  1. I guessed boy, but I was wanting it to be a girl so I can sing Bicycle Built for Two. I used to sing it to Jake when he was a baby--it's one of my favorites and I have a feeling Miss Daisy will hear it a great deal.

    Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...

    We already love her and can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those ideas! The second photo with the display above the crib. We just did something like that above our couch using quilting hoops and fabric. I thought is was a great way to display multiple types of fabric. I also love her name!

    ReplyDelete