9.30.2011

Thrifty Mama

I don't know what has gotten into me lately (besides a baby), but I have been feeling super crafty!
I don't know if it is the fact that I finally joined Pinterest and am completely obsessed and inspired, my new sewing machine (which I am super proud of), or the fact that I have been at home for the past 2 weeks, but it is probably a combination of the three!
Yesterday I woke up with no intentions of doing anything out of the ordinary. I had plans to get our home cleaned and make dinner, but it hit me around 10:00 AM.
I was having breakfast and playing around on Pinterest, and I was totally inspired.
I got myself ready and went thrift store shopping!

First I hit up Goodwill. I was there for about 2 hours digging through the clothes and the junk, and may I just say, I really hit the jackpot!
Bought this mirror for $8. I want to paint it a funky color, but Johnathan likes it the way it is. I'm fine with it for now.
(Sorry the picture is sideways.)

These are actually the reason I went to Goodwill. We have been meaning to hang some engagement pics for a while now.
These frames just need a little paint and they will be perfect for what we wanna do! $1 a piece.

I have big plans for these guys! I was so excited to find them. $2 a piece.

I can't wait to add to this collection. Again, another item I have big plans for! :) $1 a piece.

One of my favorite purchases of the day. I have been wanting one of these! Found this one for $1. :)

I also found some clothes that I may post pics of later. Super cute! I can't wait to get skinny again so I can wear the shirts. *sigh

After 3 hours in Goodwill, I was ready for the next stop. I drove about a mile down the road and hit up Value Village. One of my favorite thrift shops!
***P.S. If you have a Value Village in your area they have 1/2 price sales every last Wednesday of the month where everything in the store is half off, so their already super cheap stuff is even cheaper! Too bad for me I didn't think to go shopping the day before because it was the last Wednesday of the month. Bummer. :(

Anywho, after an hour at V.V. I found some really great treasures!

Found this set of 4 circus cart art. I'm not sure what I am going to do with them yet, but I know they will
make an awesome piece in Daisy's room. Maybe hang them in a long shadow box?? We shall see... Only .80 a piece!

Here are the individual close ups. They are on wooden blocks. Each one has a different year on them.




Found the records for .40 a piece. This one needs to be framed and hung in D's room. Love it!
This one was still in it's plastic wrap.

We are going to figure out some way to display these for Christmas.
We need a record player....hmmmm.



and, I found a cute purse for $3 at V.V. It is currently hanging out to dry after being washed thoroughly. When I use it I'll post a pic.

All in all it was a good, thrifty day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment